Compensation & Benefits
Average salary of $90,000 per year
Medical plan worth $22K+ to keep you covered
401(k) company match & profit sharing
Paid vacation time after year 1
Driving school tuition reimbursement program
Ensuring you are taken care of and feel secure in your job is always top-of-mind at Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI). We know the job market is competitive. We know other employers are showing you what they have to offer.
But, because of this competition, DTI knows how important it is to pay you well and fairly—whether you work in our warehouses, in our corporate offices, or on the road.
Discover the Pay You Deserve
We get it. Being a truck driver is hard work—so you should be compensated for that. That’s why we ensure our truck drivers get paid for every part of the job.
Work Hard. Get Paid.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Average Driver Pay at Dot
- $62,000 = First-year student driver Customer Delivery Specialist (CDS)
- $70,000 = Guaranteed first-year CDS pay for experienced drivers
- $78,800 = No-touch driver
- $90,000 = Traditional CDS
Benefits Worth More Than $22K
Finding the right benefits to support you and your family can be frustrating. And we understand that your needs may vary from your neighbor’s.
Few companies in the industry offer better benefits than DTI. In addition to salary, our drivers receive a benefits package worth more than $22,000 each year. We take your health seriously—so we want you to be covered and protected.
Health & Wellness
Medical & Dental:
- Administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Single or Family Plans
- Two plan options:
- Participating Provider Option (PPO)
- Consumer-Driven Health Plan (CDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Wellness incentives
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan – pays 100 percent of charges for preventative services
- Vision Plan
Disability & Life Insurance:
- Short-term and long-term disability paid for by Dot
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Participants may choose from pre-mix portfolios or individual funds
Profit Sharing Plan:
- 100 percent company paid
- Builds retirement income on a tax-deferred basis
Company Bonus Program:
- Employees share in DTI’s success
- Bonuses for achieving service and department goals
Paid Time Off
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 12 years of service
- 5 weeks after 25 years of service
- 8 holidays
- 3 personal days
- 5 sick days
Paid time off pay vary depending on your driver job type. Please see your HR manager for more details.
If you’re a new full-time hire how has completed truck driving school within the last three years at a Dot-approved institution, DTI will reimburse you up to $7,000 over a three-year period.