Whether you’re celebrating Father’s Day at home or on the road, we at Drive for Dot have compiled five tips for staying connected with your family when you are away.
- Get social. Social media is a great way to broadcast updates on where you are, what you are doing, and to stay connected to a lot of people at once. Many social media apps like Facebook and Snapchat also offer text and video chat options.
- Find the free Wi-Fi. Use an app like OpenSignal to find fast Wi-Fi wherever you are. Wi-Fi will save your data plan and often be a better connection for video calls.
- Make it face-to-face. FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts, and other online tools allow for a face-to-face conversation away from home.
- Schedule it. Set a regular time that you will connect with your family and stick to it. Just like your truck needs maintenance, relationships need regular tune-ups, too.
- Send a postcard. Paper mail is less and less common, so a personal handwritten note from afar is especially meaningful.
How do you stay connected when you are away? We want to hear from you!