Welcome to Driven by Dot Transportation, Inc. We created the Driven blog to bring you the latest news and information from Dot Transportation, Inc. and the trucking industry. We are passionate about trucks and drivers, and connecting you to the rewarding careers transportation offers. We know truck drivers drive America forward and we hope to inspire and educate you along your way. After all, we are folks from all walks of life, from California to Illinois to New York and everywhere in-between. We see every 18-wheeler on the road and love to stop at Flying J’s. Our kids have toy tractor-trailers and so do we.

Spotlight

Life on the Road with Dot Transportation Image
December 12, 2018

Life on the Road with Dot Transportation

Ever wondered what it’s like to drive for Dot? Let a couple of our drivers tell you themselves! Susan and Jonathon are Dot drivers with very different job types and schedules. Let’s hear what they have to say about life on the road driving for Dot!

Read More

Join Our Team

Have questions or need more info? Submit this form and a Dot Transportation recruiter will contact you!

Explore All Posts

Find what you’re looking for? Wish we’d share more about something you’re interested in? We want to hear from you! Let us know what you’re thinking by commenting, shooting us a message, or emailing info@drivefordot.com.

Eating Healthy on the Road—Is it Possible? Image
August 28, 2018

Eating Healthy on the Road—Is it Possible?

When you think of McDonald’s, you think of super-sized greasy food, right? Me too. Turns out, there are some choices that can give you the right combo of good nutrients and a reasonable calorie count. Plus, they will leave you feeling satisfied and full and won’t make your bank.

Here are some ideas for each meal of the day.

Read More

Six tips to get the most out of the Great American Trucking Show (Or any hiring event) Image
August 20, 2018

Six tips to get the most out of the Great American Trucking Show (Or any hiring event)

The Great American Trucking Show (GATS) is one of the premier trucking events in the nation with exhibitors representing trucks, trailers, engines, parts, and more. It’s a hub for all things truckin’. And, it can be a great place to find a driving career.

Whether it be at GATS or driver hiring events in general, here are some tips to help you make the most of your time.

Read More

My favorite truck stops Image
August 13, 2018

My favorite truck stops

Truck stops are a staple for anyone trekking across the country. And there are as many differences between them as there are truck stops. Here’s a look at a few we’ve visited in our travels.

Read More

Honor our Heroes Image
August 9, 2018

Honor our Heroes

Today, and every day, we celebrate and honor our military veterans and the sacrifices they have made. Their sacrifices do not just happen on the battlefield. They happen in homes and workplaces in communities around the country. The sacrifice of their time is just as important as the bravery shown in war, and often much more difficult. These sacrifices are what make veterans special.

Read More

What is the soundtrack to your drive? Image
August 6, 2018

What is the soundtrack to your drive?

As drivers, you have a lot of time to listen to your favorite tunes, radio programs, podcasts, or audiobooks. With Bluetooth and other audio technological advances, there must be millions of options of audio entertainment. What do you listen to?

Read More

What can Dot Transportation offer you? Take a look and see! Image
What makes Dot Transportation special? Image
July 31, 2018

What makes Dot Transportation special?

So what makes Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI) special? What makes Dot Foods and Dot Transportation a special place to work? I’ve worked here since 2001, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The work isn’t easy, and we certainly have challenges, but it has been rewarding and given me a sense of purpose. I would argue the things that make Dot and DTI special are on every one of our trailers.

Read More

On the Road to a Career: Driver Job Hunting Tips Image
July 23, 2018

On the Road to a Career: Driver Job Hunting Tips

Trucking jobs are competitive. Logistics and freight companies are knocking at your door, but if you’re considering a change, here’s some job hunting tips to get you started.

Read More

A Trucker’s Weight Loss Journey, Part 3 Image
July 17, 2018

A Trucker’s Weight Loss Journey, Part 3

Here’s our third and final post on Steve Foster, our driver trainer out of Burley, Idaho. Check out his workout routine that can be done from inside his truck!

His overall advice, in his own words:

I maintain my diet and exercise on the road. In addition to a high protein, reduced fat and carbohydrate diet, I routinely do a workout program on the truck that works well for me.

Watch Video

Meet the newest members of our fleet Image
July 13, 2018

Meet the newest members of our fleet

At our driver safety meetings earlier this year, we shared some exciting news: The new Volvo trucks have arrived! This new model truck provides many comfort features and improved designs. Many of the updates are based upon feedback our drivers have shared over the past several years.

Read More