Welcome to Driven by Dot Transportation, Inc. We created the Driven blog to bring you the latest news and information from Dot Transportation, Inc. and the trucking industry. We are passionate about trucks and drivers, and connecting you to the rewarding careers transportation offers. We know truck drivers drive America forward and we hope to inspire and educate you along your way. After all, we are folks from all walks of life, from California to Illinois to New York and everywhere in-between. We see every 18-wheeler on the road and love to stop at Flying J’s. Our kids have toy tractor-trailers and so do we.

Spotlight

Honoring our Veterans: Dot’s Employee Resource Group Image
April 11, 2019

Honoring our Veterans: Dot’s Employee Resource Group

Dot Foods founder, Mr. Robert Tracy, is a Veteran himself so he has a heart for being of assistance to Soldiers. Dot Foods created and supports their Veteran’s Employee Resource Group (VERG), VERG is very active within the company and the community… “Dot Foods stands ready to welcome and assist Veterans to successfully transition from military to civilian life; providing opportunities to excel and build upon their military training.”

Read More

Join Our Team

Have questions or need more info? Submit this form and a Dot Transportation recruiter will contact you!

Explore All Posts

Find what you’re looking for? Wish we’d share more about something you’re interested in? We want to hear from you! Let us know what you’re thinking by commenting, shooting us a message, or emailing info@drivefordot.com.

Career U-Turns Image
February 13, 2019

Career U-Turns

The story of two Dot employees who made career changes and hit the road. Interested in driving for Dot? Click here to learn more!

“My last job doesn’t compare to how Dot treats employees,” Brim said. “I couldn’t ask for anything better.”

Read More

Dot’s 12th Distribution Center Has Broken Ground Image
February 4, 2019

Dot’s 12th Distribution Center Has Broken Ground

In June 2018, CEO Joe Tracy shared some good news—Dot’s 12th U.S. distribution center (DC) is being built in Bear, Delaware. Months of consideration and careful planning led to choosing Bear as the next site for a new DC.

Watch Video

Healthy Eating Tips for Truck Drivers Image
January 28, 2019

Healthy Eating Tips for Truck Drivers

It can be difficult to eat healthy while being out on the road. Convenience stores have made it almost too convenient to stop in for a quick (typically unhealthy) snack, fast food restaurants surround every truck stop, and it can be easier to grab a treat on the go rather than plan ahead.

Read More

Avoid the Slips, Trips and Falls of Winter Image
January 14, 2019

Avoid the Slips, Trips and Falls of Winter

As I sit in my office during the winter months and look at the parking lot, I witness daily instances of near misses from people slipping on ice and snow. And it just so happens that slips, trips, and falls are one of our most frequent types of injury.  

Read More

Top 10 Priorities for the Distribution Industry Image
January 7, 2019

Top 10 Priorities for the Distribution Industry

The American Transportation Research Institute published its paper on critical issues in the trucking industry. Check out the main priorities for 2019.

Read More

Life on the Road with Dot Transportation Image
December 12, 2018

Life on the Road with Dot Transportation

Ever wondered what it’s like to drive for Dot? Let a couple of our drivers tell you themselves! Susan and Jonathon are Dot drivers with very different job types and schedules. Let’s hear what they have to say about life on the road driving for Dot!

Read More

2018 Fall Truck Photo Contest Winner Announced! Image
December 10, 2018

2018 Fall Truck Photo Contest Winner Announced!

The votes are in! Congratulations to Brenda Danner, our 2018 Dot Transportation Fall Photo Contest winner!

Read More

Vote for the 2018 Fall Photo Contest Finalists! Image
December 3, 2018

Vote for the 2018 Fall Photo Contest Finalists!

Cast your vote for the 2018 Fall Photo Contest winner! Thank you to everyone who submitted their photos. Check out the finalists and cast your vote for the winner. Voting is now live and closes on December 9th with the winner announced on the 10th.

Read More

Veteran Spotlight: Jim Penton Image
November 28, 2018

Veteran Spotlight: Jim Penton

Mt. Sterling, Illinois Driver Jim Penton voluntarily joined the military in a time when it wasn’t very popular to do so, but for Jim it was the right thing to do. Jim followed in his brother’s footsteps, quit high school, and swore into the U.S. Marine Corps at the very young age of 17 and was shipped off to the Troop Depot in San Diego, California for Basic Training.

Read More

Top Five Tech Gadgets of 2018 Image
November 26, 2018

Top Five Tech Gadgets of 2018

I’m excited to give you my list of top tech gadgets this year. I’ve written this guide to help you find some new tech items that you might not know about — unique items that might be new to 2018 or gadgets that have not made it to mainstream yet. Before I jump into that list, I’d like to give you my top three new items in old categories.

Read More